Friday, November 16, 2012

Evil Tasty Pies!

So I am at work this morning, minding my own business, when my coworker tells me that she has tried some Holiday Custard Pie that McDonalds has now and has officially fallen in love and I must try it. I have been straying far far away from fast food so I didn't know much about this. The other lady that works with us had mentioned something about it before and the woman (who now loves it) was like "EWWWWWW I hate custard! That is DISGUSTING!!!" Anyways, apparently the woman's sister-in-law practically shoved it in her mouth last night and she thought it was amazing. So before I know it, my boss has gone to McDonalds (he goes there practically everyday for breakfast anyway) and has come back with a couple of the pies. She tells me she told him to get one for me to try.



Darn her and this evil delicious pie!!! Its like she knows my weaknesses! She must be a mind reader because anything sweet and/or with sprinkles, I AM IN THERE!!! I had been doing really good with staying away from all my favorite sugary sweet treats, especially considering how stressed out I have been recently. So I open up the box and this amazing aroma hits my nose, and I am immediately drooling! She got one for me to try so I couldn't tell her no, right? Am I right? 

Probably not. I could have said "No, thank you" but if anybody has even just smelled this thing, you might understand how I felt. And when I bit into it... There were angels singing and rainbows and fireworks, children laughing, world peace, and no hungry children or homeless people in the world. AIDS, cancers, and all other horrible diseases and ailments had cures. All in this moment! I was even doing a little happy dance. I mean it was that serious! I loved it. But since I don't ever go to McDonalds, I won't have any problems staying away from these miraculous little devils. Although it was so good, I also know its terrible as far as nutrition is concerned. So I had a treat this week. If she brings anymore to work with her, I will have to politely decline. It will be hard. VERY HARD! It will take every bit of will power and strength I have if it is right in front of me. But I will say no..... I think hahaha.

Tonight for dinner was: Garlic pepper chicken, wild rice, and carrots. And its Mini Me approved!

Is there a food/snack/treat that you can't seem to resist? And in situations like mine today, if someone buys it for you, how do you handle it?

Now, I am going to pop in some Turbo Jam and work this thing off! Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment