- SCHEDULE YOUR WORKOUT!-- If you go ahead and schedule your workouts for the week, you will have already set that time aside for it and you will be less likely to skip it.
- WORK OUT AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP-- Now if you are like me, and arent a morning person, this one can be a bit tough. Set your alarm earlier, and set it across the room. That way when that alarm buzzes, you HAVE TO get up and turn it off. Then the hard part is over. Drink some water (it helps boost your metabolism if you drink it as soon as you get up, set a glass or a bottle beside your bed), eat some breakfast, wait a little bit and then get that workout in! Do you know how great it feels to already be done with your workout before most are even out of the bed?! No one is up to distract or interrupt you. It feels pretty freakin awesome. And you have also boosted your mood for the day!
- WORKOUT BEFORE BED!-- If the morning workout is out of the question for you, then try it before bed. I know I tend to sleep better when I work out at night. I don't know if its just where I am able to clear my mind, or work out that extra stress but it still feels good. Everyone is in bed, once again, no distractions or interruptions
- PUT IN WORK ON YOUR LUNCH HOUR-OR-KIDS NAP TIME!-- If you have enough time during your lunch break, or while the kids are napping, get your workout in at that time. Perfect way to de-stress midday!
- MAKE IT A FAMILY THING!- If you have kids, take them outside and go for a walk or a bike ride. If weather doesn't permit that, you can always have fun inside with games like Wii Fit and all the fun dancing games. As long as you are having fun and being active, that's all that matters. My little one loves to do planks and squats with me and she LOVES TURBO JAM!!
Monday, March 4, 2013
Some Monday Motivation and Making Time to Work Out Even When You Are Busy
The Dreaded Monday is among us yet again! Lol.
Time For #MotivationalMonday!!
A lot of my close friends have been making some life changes and seeing some AWESOME results and I'm just sitting here like:
I just look at how amazing they are doing and know that there is no reason that I couldn't be doing the same.
This is one of my best friends, Stephanie:
The before pic was her almost 3 years ago, with my babygirl. She has lost 50+ lbs in about a year (a little less)! She has been making time to get healthy by clean eating, running and lifting weights all while working and going to school, both full-time!
Another bestie of mine, Jess has recently started working out again and look at what she has already accomplished by changing her eating habits and working out!
Another dear friend, Kayla has been doing great as well... Better than great! I mean she has already dropped about 20 lbs!
CAN YOU SAY MOTIVATION!!!!
That being said, I know why I haven't had much success and when I do take two steps in the right direction, I end up taking three backwards.
I usually tend to make lots of excuses as to why I can't do this or that. But now I really have no excuse. If I didn't work out one morning, I figured I would have to wait until after I got off work and got my little girl to sleep and the majority of the time, I would go to sleep with her. The fantastical two-hour lunch break I have wasn't gonna work either because I didn't have a way to get home to work out and I didn't want to go for a run or do any kind of anything that would cause me to sweat and not be able to go take a shower and have to go back to work. By me not being able to go home for lunch meant another temptation. FOOD. Going out to eat three days a week. Not good, especially when you aren't making even halfway good choices.
But now, I have a car so I can go home, workout, take a shower and eat. YAY ME!! That is exactly what I came home to do today.
And this is what I plan to do everyday. I can't let anymore time fly by and me continue to be unhappy with how I look and feel. The excuse of being too busy or too tired is no longer valid for me.
If you are struggling to find the time to work out, here are some tips on how to make some:)
Hopefully some of these tips are able to help you make some life changes for the better. No time like the present for you to get healthier and happier!
On your busiest days, how do you make the time to work out?